This is not your ordinary beef pattie slapped in a bun, it’s a smoky, saucy and mountainous burger that makes you feel exceptionally happy you stopped in. And if you have kids, and stopping in, is what you do now – this will make you and hubby, partner, bloke or special friend very happy. Don’t forget the kids: just omit the chilli (unless your kids are adventurous). Enjoy, Ingrid
The ultimate beef burger with beetroot relish
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 500g beef mince
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- splash of soy sauce
- splash of tomato sauce
- 2 tsp chilli, fresh
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ onion (finely chopped)
- splash of red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- tin of beetroot (sliced or whole)
- 3 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- bunch of coriander
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, roll into balls, slightly smaller than your buns. Cover with cling film and chill in fridge 30 mins before cooking. Add oil to bbq or pan and squash balls into patties with a spatula.
- Helpful tip: Don’t move them around the pan too much, they will taste better without too much handling.
- Blend all ingredients roughly in a food processer.