1. Kedgeree is thought to have originated in India around 1340 or earlier. It is believed that the dish was brought to the UK by returning British colonials. Try this salmon and quail egg dish from the blog “whats for lunch honey?”
3. Our very own tried and tested chicken and potato curry – even the kids love it if its not too spicy.
6. I tried kulfi once (Indian ice-cream often flavoured with cardamon) and it was delicious. Check out this saffron and pistachio kulfi from “Journey kitchen” a blog of modern and traditional Indian cuisine.
8. Tiffin dishes are used to transport a variety of dishes. I have a stainless steel one but love love love this cute colourful one from the blog “outbush.com.” Outblush is a blog for girls who love to shop. The staff digs up the best clothes, home stuff, beauty items, and more.
9. Check out this beautiful table setting from Komali Nunna a chemist who followed her passion when her children went to college. Her blog “entertaining from an ethnic Indian kitchen” will inspire you with her recipes and entertaining ideas.