1. Garlic Edamame beans My now 5 year old son loves these beans so its a perfect way to get greens into him. He sits in front of the TV shelling and popping them into his mouth – perfect kid snack!
2. Lazy Girl’s Zucchini Spaghetti with Peas, Crème Fraîche and Pesto What an awesome side dish, I cant wait to make it. I also love the funky moving image showing you how to make zucchini ribbons from a humble cheese grater. Lazy girl has a fear of the mandolines and clearly likes to make life easy for herself – I totally get that! BTW did I read that she is only 17 years old? – this generation Z chic is pretty freaking amazing and on to it!!!
3. Sichuan dry-fried green beans I eat these beans when ever I go to Canton Cafe in Kingsland, they are so good, it could be my main course. They do their beans with ground pork but check out this vege version from Diana at appetite for China. Be warned they aren’t diet friendly and that explains why I love them so much!
4. Easy broccoli salad Check out Jill and her blog foodtastic mom. Her about me page really makes me smile – its the reality behind lots of beautiful blogs – a hard working/juggling mum! This broccoli salad is super easy. IThe salad dressing she suggests could be any creamy mayo style dressing. Hopefully its a winner with the kids too…
5. Steamed spicy bok choy I love Asian greens, they are cheap, super easy to cook, healthy and taste so delicious. Adding a splash sesame oil and soy and a sprinkle of chili and garlic really transforms these to a stand out dish.
6. Ingrid’s brussel sprouts You have to make these, they will convert any brussel sprout hater in to a lover, if you like the throw it all together in a pan and leave it idea, check out Vanessa’a roasted brussel sprout recipe.
7. Kale and mint salad with a spicy peanut dressing Yum kale and peanuts. This recipe is a wildcard winner in their regular contests. Check out and enter their current contest “best road trip snacks“. Maybe I should enter my easy peasy noodle fritters the kids love so much or Ingrid’s bacon and egg pies?
8. Vanessa’s Warm cabbage and bacon salad Delicious and moreish, crunchy and healthy – this warm salad is a great addition to any meal.
9. Green tomato salad Do you have green fingers? Does your garden produce more green tomatoes than red? Check out Renee’s meal featuring a fresh sounding green tomato salad.